TTC stands for “trying to conceive,” a simple enough acronym to describe what can be a maddening experience.
For some women, getting pregnant is no problem. They simply stop using their chosen method of birth control and—poof—the magic happens.
But for most of us, that’s not the whole story.
Seriously. We spend our whole lives being told to avoid getting pregnant, and it feels like more women struggle with getting pregnant than those who don’t.
While women who need help getting pregnant are actually not in the majority, trying to conceive (TTC) is not as easy and exciting as many of us hope it will be.
Research suggests that 84% of couples will “get pregnant within a year if they have regular sex and don’t use contraception.”
The American Pregnancy Association suggests having “intercourse every other day of your cycle starting from day 10 through day 20. There is no need to have sex every day because sperm can live from 2 to 5 days in the woman’s body.”
But the fact remains that it’s not all having sex/fun.
While 84% of couples will get pregnant within the first year of trying to conceive, that leaves 16% who will not. Also, when you’re regularly peeing on a stick hoping for a positive pregnancy test each month, a year can feel like a LONG time to wait.
That’s why many people turn to ovulation testing methods when trying to conceive.
You can learn about the different ovulation symptoms, including:
Because these symptoms can be easy to overlook, or can be caused by so many other issues, many women don’t feel like tracking ovulation symptoms is enough.
This is why, for many women, trying to conceive (TTC) often looks a lot like calendars, charts, remembering to take your temperature before you move or peeing on a stick first thing in the morning.
It’s a frustration-filled time of tracking ovulation symptoms and endlessly researching the various types of ovulation tests. How many ways to track ovulation are there, anyway? A FREAKIN’ TON, it turns out!
It’s an overwhelming process trying to even decide if and how you want to track ovulation to improve your chances of getting pregnant.
Good thing we have you covered on choosing the best ways to track ovulation for you!
Trying to conceive (TTC) can be emotionally charged, isolating, and upsetting.
We’re here to teach you everything you need to know about TTC, preparing your body for pregnancy, tracking ovulation symptoms, choosing the best ovulation test for your lifestyle, and more.
You’re not alone in this journey of trying to conceive!